Our Alaskan Summer Vacation

Click here to view this photo book larger

Build your own high-quality photo books at Shutterfly.com.

About Us

My photo
My favorite travel partner in the world is my best friend and husband, Super Dave! This blog is a travel diary of both business and pleasure trips; happy reading.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Orlando again...

I was in Orlando myself in February but was working a conference so really didn’t have the opportunity to reconnect with any old college friends and buddies. 

When Dave told me he had a conference in Orlando in May I told him I’d go as well.  So with that said; Dave and I flew to Orlando from San Antonio on Friday, May 13.  His conference was at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center.  



On Saturday I took the rental car into Lakeland and met up with my friend Sheila.  It was supposed to be three of us for lunch but her daughter; my other friend Vicki had gone out of town with her husband; completely forgetting I was coming to Florida that weekend.  Sheila and I had a lovely visit and lunch at a tasty Indian restaurant called Cafe Roti; fine Indian and Pakistani dining.  Good stuff! Sheila spent the afternoon with me touring around Lakeland taking in all the views and pointing out some new stuff that wasn't there when I was in college.

This was a goose statue outside of a radiology clinic; thought it was clever.
Butterfly statue outside of the Harrison Arts Center in Lakeland.

After a great afternoon of eating and visiting I made my way back to Orlando as that evening we were scheduled to have dinner with Dave’s godson David and his wife Kallie.  
We met them for dinner as they were flying back into Orlando then making their way back home that evening.  

On Sunday we met up with my old buddy Scott and his girlfriend Tammy. We had lunch at Disney Village at Bongos Cuban Cafe; the owners are Gloria and Emilio Estefan. Dave had to return to his conference so the three of us walked through Downtown Disney Marketplace.

A Lego Buzz Lightyear!
The kids hamming it up in their Disney ears.

Big ol Tinkertoys!

On Monday I got to catch up with my gal pal Shelby and her husband Rob.  We had an incredible lunch at Timpano Chophouse.  Oh my; such a great lunch meal! 

Crazy kids!

It was a great afternoon of catching up with one another.  Me and Shelbs.

Tuesday I enjoyed the amenities at the hotel and took it easy.  I ventured off property and did some local shopping and got a pedicure.  The next day we met up with Jenna.  Jenna is the daughter of one of my college professors and works for Clear Channel Radio in Orlando.  

Posing with Jenna outside her office.
Her Dad was in San Antonio in April and reconnected us.  We scheduled some time on her calendar for her to give us a tour of the radio station.  Afterward we grabbed a bite to eat then dropped her off and made our way to the airport to fly back to San Antonio.
Pin It Now!

No comments: