Our Alaskan Summer Vacation

Click here to view this photo book larger

Build your own high-quality photo books at Shutterfly.com.

About Us

My photo
My favorite travel partner in the world is my best friend and husband, Super Dave! This blog is a travel diary of both business and pleasure trips; happy reading.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

65 Years of Wedded Bliss

Dave and I flew to California in August to attend my Aunt and Uncle's 65th Wedding Anniversary.  Yes, that is correct.  65 years of marriage.  Amazing; I know.  Their actual wedding anniversary is September 1st but they chose to celebrate in August.  

We arrived on Thursday, August 25th from San Antonio.  We reserved a hotel room at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Temecula.  On Friday we spent the day in Murieta with my Aunt and Uncle.  The anniversary party was schedule for Saturday at 11AM.  We drove to  Wilson Creek Winery for the event. It was a beautiful day and gorgeous weather.  My cousin Samantha put together these darling bags on the tables with handmade chap stick! Each bag had a photo of them from their wedding day.

Cute huh?

It was a lovely brunch where we got to spend the afternoon catching up with cousins and family and meeting the long-time friends who came from near and far to help celebrate. 

The challah bread, a special Jewish braided bread eaten on Sabbath and holidays
The Patriach of my family, my Uncle David Dudman, Aunt Shirley and my sisters Sherri and Tracie
   Pin It Now!

No comments: