Our Alaskan Summer Vacation

Click here to view this photo book larger

Build your own high-quality photo books at Shutterfly.com.

About Us

My photo
My favorite travel partner in the world is my best friend and husband, Super Dave! This blog is a travel diary of both business and pleasure trips; happy reading.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ahora Quien Habla Espanol?

My nephew David; that's who! My nephew graduated from the Defense Language Institute for a second time.  The first time was when he was active duty Air Force and had learned Arabic.  This time he learned Spanish and is with the Utah Air National Guard.  I flew to San Jose and met my sister Tracie. She and I drove from San Jose to Monterey and checked in to our room at the Embassy Suites Monterey Bay - Seaside that David had reserved for us.  
 
David's welcome gift basket for us!
My other sister Sherri (David’s Mom) was arriving late that evening with his two sons. He met her at the airport and drove her and the boys to the hotel.  They got in after midnight CA time and we’re coming from NY so they were exhausted.  
 
David’s graduation was bright and early the next morning so we all got up and made our way to the post.  It was cold and rainy; what terrible weather!  
 
The graduate and the family.
  
After the graduation we walked from the post to the cars and David took us to his apartment to see it and to change out of uniform.  
 
David's sons Lucas & David Jr. at the Presidio sign.
 
We then spent the afternoon at the Monterey Bay Aquarium with the boys.  Here are some randoms shot there.

 
From there we had a late lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company restaurant. Sherri and the boys spent the remaining time in CA while Tracie and I made our way back to San Jose where I flew back home the next day.
Pin It Now!

No comments: