Our Alaskan Summer Vacation

Click here to view this photo book larger

Build your own high-quality photo books at Shutterfly.com.

About Us

My photo
My favorite travel partner in the world is my best friend and husband, Super Dave! This blog is a travel diary of both business and pleasure trips; happy reading.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome 2010!

WOW; I'm just beside myself at the fact that we're actually in the year 2010. How did it come upon us so quickly? To welcome it Dave and I felt it appropriate to celebrate with a crock pot of homemade turkey soup; compliments of leftovers from Christmas day. We're no longer big fans of the NYE party circuits and a night at the movies with hot soup worked just fine for us.



2009 was a good year! We were very fortunate to continue our travels whether together or separately with a start in January 2009 to Puerto Rico and a finish in the fall to Italy with many stops throughout the US in between. 2010 brings a change for us as Dave started a new job in November with Clear Channel. It's a completely different industry from the grocery business but we're hopeful that this new opportunity will provide as much fascinating travels as his 12 years with H-E-B provided.

November brought us back to southern California as we got to spend Thanksgiving with my side of the family. My lovely cousin Jan and his wife Barb were gracious enough to welcome us in their home and we continued to spend the weekend with my Aunt Shirley & Uncle David.

The "Duke" welcomes us to the OC


My cousin Jan's daughter; Aimee's son Brody. YES; ladies DO love him!



The patriarch of my family; my dashing Uncle David.



A beautiful Thanksgiving night as the sun sets behind Catalina Island.



December was jammed packed full of holiday activities. We had our first tamalada with friends, attended our first Spurs game of the season and welcomed family and friends to our home on Christmas day with a lovely dinner.

Tamale making; post an afternoon round of golf!


Swish!!! Tim Duncan takes the foul shot.


Christmas Day dinner.


Thanks for sharing the year with us and we wish you all our best in 2010!
-Amy & Dave

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Girl Who Gardens said...

You guys look GREAT!!!! Happy New Year to you both as well! Maybe we'll see each other this year.